1. Write a handwritten letter or card to tell her how much she means to you. Handwritten love letters are almost a lost art these days. She’ll appreciate the time you took to sit down and write out your thoughts. Don’t forget to seal it with a kiss.
2. As an alternative to a dinner out at a crowded restaurant, try a picnic. Grab a blanket, bottle of wine, wedge of cheese and a loaf of fresh bread. Prepare a simple pasta dish and a salad ahead of time to bring as your main course and don’t for get something sweet for dessert. If you live in colder climates, try a picnic in from of the fireplace.
3. Surprise your sweetheart by getting up early and preparing a deluxe breakfast in bed for her. Fill a tray with freshly brewed coffee, juice, eggs the way she likes them or maybe French toast with real maple syrup.
4. Get active! Take your partner on a hike, cycling, sailing, ice-skating, skiing or something she has always wanted to do. Get outside and breath that fresh air!
5. Create a scrapbook of your life together. Fill it with a trip down memory lane from your first date until today. Fill it with your favourite photos, mementos, ticket stubs and maps of trips you have taken. It will bring back all the great memories you have shared over the years (or months) together.
7. Take a stroll on the beach, in the park, by the river or lake, or just down a quiet street. Look forward and talk about what you plan for the future.
8. Surprise her with a drive to an unknown destination. Put on a few of your favourite cds and enjoy the passing scenery.
9. Pack your lover a beautiful lunch to let her know how much you care for her. Lunch doesn’t have to be boring, make her a salad full of greens and vegetables with a homemade dressing on the side. Alternatively, make her favourite sandwich or cold pasta dish. Don’t forget to add cutlery, a drink, snack and your own very special note.
10. If you are out of the house before your partner in the morning, leave her a love note on the bathroom mirror. It will leave her thinking about you all day long.
We hope you find inspiration in these ideas!